Job Title: Bilingual Accountant (French / English)
- Review financial reports, vouchers and supporting documentation, bank reconciliations, and other financial data received from field operations.
- Prepare and/or review entries for posting in the Accounting system.
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payables and receivables
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Interfacing with representatives from each francophone countries
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and generally accepted accounting procedures
- Bring the Group Financial Controller and Finance Business Partner up to speed on work status and client issues that may arise.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Group Financial Controller
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Accounting
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Knowledge of tax laws in francophone countries
- Professional certification in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization including the ‘C’ Suite.
- Comfortable working independently in a very fast-paced and tech-savvy environment
- Strong work ethic, is a self-motivator, and results-driven
- A friendly but assertive demeanour
- Highly organized and methodical about process management.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Basic Data Analytics skills such as PowerBI and Tableau.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Can work independently, especially in handling business challenges.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.