Job Title: Category Buyer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking for more people to join our team. We are looking for people who:
- Exhibit our core values (Transparency, Continuous Learning and Commitment)
- Demonstrate an interest in technology or the willingness to learn
- Are self led and self driven.
- Research and suggest product categories and product types for the company to stock based on present and future demand using the four P’s of category management
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Devise long term development strategies for our product category
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Based on brands and categories of choice, you will scout the web to acquire knowledge of trending products within a given category and as well get prices
- Receive customer orders and ensure that products/items in the order are gotten at the best price either locally or internationally to meet customers need
- Research potential vendors and suppliers and onboard them
- Knowledge of market trend based on category
- Compare, evaluate and document prices from suppliers
- Report and escalate vendor issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery
- Maintain contractual and business relationships with vendors
- Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business performance
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant global supply markets, competitors and product innovations
- Assist other departments by providing relevant product information
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools especially Microsoft Excel.
Person Specifications and Required Skills:
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting method
- Proven experience as a category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Demonstrated interest in Technologies, the Internet and Applications
- Willingness to learn our products inside and out and help our customers drive business outcomes
- Customer centric
- Ability to exercise initiative and confidence to start things from the scratch
- Ability to multitask and priorities workload
- Time management skills.
- We know our people are one of the most important factors for our success, so we reward you with benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career.
- Stanford SEED Participation.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Flexible work environment.
- Commitment to your career growth through first-in-class training, resources and assistance for relevant certifications
- Clear career path.