MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Job Title: Data Center Operations Technician
Location: Data Center Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Department: DC & Capital Projects
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform daily facilities inspections and provide report on conditions affecting the operations.
- Monitor and supervise non-critical Electro-Mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance activities
- Carry out electrical lighting fittings replacement (internal and external perimeter) as operations demands.
- Power provisioning for non-collo customers related power request within the DC.
- Oversee and support vendors and contractor’s maintenance activities within the DC on all non-critical infrastructures.
- Carry out daily routine checks on DG fuel line and ensure day tanks diesel replenishing.
- Carry out diesel delivery and ensure all tests conducted meet the requirement/standard of MainOne.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Plumbing related faults within the facility including the water treatment plant
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults related to the intrusion detection system (Electric fence).
- Carry out other assigned tasks within the scope of the job position and ensure closure of such task in record time.
- Support any after-hours building needs and activities as required.
- Respond to emergencies.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years working experience required
- Organize and manage all facility housekeeping (Cleaning of offices and critical environments) through a janitorial service vendor/domestic support staff.
- Implement and ensure proper power cabling tagging and management within the facility.
- Basic knowledge of comfort cooling system, installation, and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, new installations, and repairs.
- Knowledge in electrical installations.
- Knowledge in cable running and termination.
- Ability to support and maintain Tier III data center non-critical infrastructure, perimeter lightings, water treatment plant.
- Basic knowledge of electrical control circuit wiring and diagrams.
- Ability to perform periodic maintenance of comfort cooling, air conditioning unit within the DC.
- Ability to carry out daily routine checks on all non-critical electro-mechanical infrastructure within the campus.
Demands of the Job:
- Good attention to details
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables
- Ability to work at height as the job demands.