EDITORIAL : How do I start ON page SEO as a new Blogger in the field?
I am going to be listing 7 steps which you are required to invest in the SEO for your website:
1. Target your keywords: This has a huge effect on your rankings. Breakdown your website into categories with each category aiming for a specific set of keywords. For example, if you sell men’s shoes, you should first be dividing it into:
Make sure each of your webpage targets on of your primary keywords and multiple secondary keywords.
2. Create Google friendly content: Refer this blog: Crafting Content that Readers (and Google) Will Love
3. Optimise your title tag with primary keywords: This is the first thing which is picked up by Google. Therefore it is very important that your title tag targets one of your most important keyword. A good title tag should most accurately describe the entire content of your page.
For example, the “Men’s Leather Oxfords” page on our shoe website above would benefit from a title tag like this. As you can see, the primary is right at the beginning of the title.
4. Optimise heading tags, URL structure, and alt tags: While writing great content is important, its equally important that you optimise other content related collaterals for the search engines to easily crawl and index your web pages.
Headings help to visually break the content into sections making the content easily digestible and comprehend-able by search engines as well as users. Always make sure that you have one (and not more than 1) H1 tag on each web page.
In your URL, make sure you have no parameters (those gibbering numbers and punctuation marks). Keep the URL simple and clean. Example: www.example.com/category/sub-category.
Search engine bots can’t see images so you need to help them by adding an alt tag for each image. This alt tag acts as a short description of an image and it can also be a great place to use your keywords and help increase your chances of showing up in image search results. Make sure they are always relevant to the image.
5. Set up and verify Google Analytics: Once each of the above point is in place, its time to set up Google Analytics to monitor how people use your website as well as how they find it.
From an SEO perspective, Google Analytics is a great tool for spotting opportunities to further optimize your website for specific keywords. Installing Google Analytics as soon as you launch your website gives you data right from the beginning, helping you further optimize later.
6. Leverage established relationships and build new ones to garner links: Link building was and will continue to be a very important search engine ranking factor.
If you already have established relationships with bloggers and website owners, feel free to use them to promote your new website.
If you’d like to earn high quality backlinks from authoritative websites, try your hand at guest blogging.
DISCLAIMER : Lovablevibes.com do not claim ownership of any of the Songs OR News that we upload or post, and any copyright infringement complaints will be executed immediately! It is our policy to honor all take-down requests! If You Feel Your Rights Are Being Infringed Upon,Email Us Lovablevibes@post.com