Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant (Daily Worker)
- Advertisement -
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Employment type: Temporary
Care Level: Entry
Duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Proposed start date: September 2022
About the Job
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Finance Assistant (Daily Worker) who will be responsible to support in book keeping of capital book (Cash Book), providing support to the accountancy closure process.
- Support in ensuring that all advances made within the month is justified before the final monthly cash count;
- Support in payment of expat’s per diem and all other expenses to be paid to the expatriate staff;
- Scanning of all supporting documents for the transactions recorded on cash books;
- Support in WHT preparation and remittance;
- Assist the Finance Officer in the preparation of monthly treasury forecast;
- Support cash request process where necessary;
- Assist in receiving the saga sending file from the bases & Abuja;
- Recieve and verify the completeness of all monthly accountancy closure bundle for the field sites and Abuja;
- Verify the accuracy of balances on bank reconciliations & cash counts and other support documents required before the closure process;
- Fill and submit cash control and bank balances checklist for the month;
- Ensure the quality of every supporting document.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role;
- Organized with time management and planning skills;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player);
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs;
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred;
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 26th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply