The OnePlus Ace 2 is now official in China. It was revealed by the company today, February 7, as anticipated, confirming several speculations that surfaced earlier. The smartphone fits into the mid-range models and offers a great balance between quality and affordability. However, when considering the technological features, it becomes evident how limited the term “mid-range” is.
Discover the features of the OnePlus Ace 2 smartphone
With the Ace 2, OnePlus appears to have done a fantastic job. There is a dedicated processor called SuperVooc S to improve efficiency (OnePlus claims it can convert 99.5% of the energy sent by the charger into energy stored in the battery), consumption, and charging stability. The display has remarkable specifications. The chip, the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 is a guarantee for performance but also for efficiency, and it is definitely not a mid-range chip.
Photography is the one area where it is clear that not every attempt has been made to keep prices down, but it was only natural and obvious that a compromise would be found to prevent a high cost.
- Advertisement -
Gizchina News of the week
- OnePlus Ace 2 12 + 256 GB 2,799 yuan ($412)
- OnePlus Ace 2 16 + 256 GB 3,099 yuan ($456)
- OnePlus Ace 2 16 + 512 GB 3,499 yuan ($515)
The company will start selling the new smartphone in China on February 13 and should become officially known as the OnePlus 11R in India within the following few days. Although it is unlikely to be available in all markets, we are hoping that OnePlus will surprise us because the Ace 2 is reminiscent of previous flagship killers.
OnePlus Ace 2 Specifications
- 6.74-inch (2772×1240 pixels) (120Hz/90Hz/60Hz/45Hz/40Hz adaptive) AMOLED display with up to 1450 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, Asahi Glass AGC protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX890 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS. 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera with Omnivision OV08D10 sensor, f/2.2 aperture. 2MP macro camera with Omnivision OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.4×74.3×8.7mm; Weight: 204g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 100W SuperVOOC fast charging