Job Title: HR Legal Officer (Team Lead)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position is responsible for the delivery of high-quality Human Resource management and services in all areas of HR functional excellence to all businesses and support functions in Eko Maintenance Limited, Lagos.
- In addition, the position would serve as a Legal Manager and would serve as the resident Legal Manager of the organization.
- The main responsibility of the Legal Manager is to manage the legal risks affecting the organization and ensure that they are managed and resolved as required by the law or the needs of the business.
- The Legal Manager serves as legal advisor and a resource on legal matters; issues of institutional procedure; negotiating and drafting agreements; managing litigation; and as an authority on corporate governance.
- The Legal Manager is required to manage the legal function of Eko Maintenance Limited on a day-to-day basis.
- The position is to manage a team of 4 with all duties assigned which include and not limited to HMO Management, Employee pension issues, Drafting, Issuance, Extension of Contract of Employment, Salary POB & Salary grievances, Payslip issuance & documentation, Leave Management for both local and expatriate staff, Stationeries procurement & Management, Vehicle repair and Servicing, Documentation, Tenancy Matters, Immigration Issues, Subcontractors/suppliers contracts, and Insurance renewals & Claims processing
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and/or revise various documents of legal nature, ensure in particular that obligations stemming from legislation and regulations currently in force are complied with
- Interpret and advise on employment law
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Ensure that all employee relations matters are handled appropriately and in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements
- Effectively manage discipline and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Ensure employee absenteeism is monitored and appropriate action taken
- Work with various departments, assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
Key Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Educational background / Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Management with 5 – 7 years work experience.
- Experience as a Human Resources Executive, or a Company Legal Advisor/Company secretary with involvement in or exposure to senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of local labour markets and employment law regimes within the Country.
- Prior experience in key areas of HR policies and processes, remuneration and benefits, and performance management
- Good understanding of business processes and controls to manage information, guide personnel, and facilitate decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, morality, prudence, and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English
- Computer literate and proficient at using MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
20th June, 2022.