Job Title: HSE Deputy Manager
- Assist, support, and monitor the implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- To bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the management at regular intervals.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Management, any relevant new legislation.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- Recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- B.Sc / HND in a related courses
- 5 years’ experience in health and safety.
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of legislation and procedures
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
- Good public speaking skills
- Leadership skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
N150,000 – N200,000 / Month
25th May, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.