Many are undoubtedly anticipating the DxOMark experts’ camera evaluation of the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but so far just the screen and sound have been examined. And the new Apple flagship is unmatched in terms of display quality. It scored 149 points and won the first spot.
The ease of using the smartphone outside (brightness approaches 2000 cd/sq.m), HDR mode, and the nearly perfect lack of frame drops when playing games or watching films were the postivie points.
There are a few drawbacks, but they are not serious (for instance, if you view the display at an angle, the colors lean somewhat green, which hinders the transfer of skin tones).
As a result, Apple currently controls the top three spots in the DxOMark screen rating, with its devices.
- Advertisement -
iPhone 14 Pro Max display and sound tests
The sound on the iPhone 14 Pro Max is generally excellent. And experts note that it is suitable for viewing films, playing games, and listening to music. Additionally, it is a great choice for capturing strong sound sources like concerts, plays, and performances.
The negatives include distortion while listening to music at maximum level and a significant infiltration of ambient noise, when you capture sound outside. Which is why there are less well voices recordings. The iPhone 14 Pro Max, on the other hand, came in seventh place in the audio rating.
- Excellent overall display performance
- Excellent screen readability and colors outdoors thanks to an impressive “boost” in brightness levels
- Excellent for watching HDR videos indoors, due to the high brightness and the fine contrast tuning that renders videos close to the artistic intent
- Good for listening to music, watching movies or playing video games. Allowing for an immersive experience, thanks to its wideness and sound energy
- Good at recording concerts and shows, or loud sources of sound
- Advertisement -
- Distortion when listening to music at maximum volume
- Voices may get a mask ambient noises in an outdoors setting