Mbuso Moloi, the 30-year-old Durban North man who was caught on video allegedly looting a basket of goods from a Woolworths food store in Glenwood made his first appearance in court.
He was remanded in custody at the Westville Correctional Centre.
The National Prosecuting Authority confirmed Moloi appeared in the Durban Magistrate’s Court on Thursday on charges of public violence, theft, and trespassing said NPA KZN spokesperson Natasha Kara.
“His appearance relates to the looting of a Woolworths store in the Glenwood area on July 12, 2021, during the acts of public violence that took place in various parts of the province,” said Kara.
Really looks like he needed that basket of groceries… 🤬🤬🤬 pic.twitter.com/A3PCRFzcXa
— Nicole Graham (@NicoleGraham031) July 12, 2021
She said the accused also faces another charge – contravention of the National Road Traffic Regulations 2000 – in which he allegedly operated a motor vehicle on which a number plate is not applicable to such motor vehicle.
Kara said the matter was adjourned to August 3 for bail consideration and the accused was remanded to Westville Prison.
In other news – SO SAD: Limpopo woman kidnapped while looking for lift at Sasol garage, gang raped for 19 days & dumped in Mpumalanga
A woman is traumatized after she was kidnapped and repeatedly raped over 19 days. The woman said her horrific ordeal started on 4 July, when she got a lift from three men she met at a filling station in Tzaneen, Limpopo.
She said she thought they would drop her off near her house but they kidnapped her and turned her into a s.e.x slave. The 26-year-old farmworker said she had earlier been shopping at Tzaneen Mall. Learn More