ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Advertisement -
Job Title: Offtake Supervisor I
Employment Type: Contract
- In conjunction with all commercial personnel, develop shipping and inventory management schedules. Lead and coordinate the ship loading operations at the pier facility.
- Coordinate screening requirements for third party vessels scheduled to arrive at pier facility. Maintain relationship with port authority and port pilot personnel.
- Maintain relationship with regional oil spill resource sharing scheme personnel and local Oil Spill Response Committee.
- Ensure that operational and functional control aspects of the Truck Loading Facility (TLF) proceed flawlessly and optimally without causing variances to plan and that any resulting disruptions are minimized.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety is first in all we do
- Have a complete working knowledge and understanding of Emergency Response Manuals, assume control of emergency situations as required by the Emergency Support Group (ESG) Leader
- Maintain full compliance with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and industry safety criteria for piers and marine movements
- Oversee the oil spill response preparedness
- Lead and manage marine and pier operational practices with respect to safety equipment, operational preparedness, maintenance procedures and custody transfer
- Influence a safety, health, environment and quality culture and widespread ownership within the facility
- Operations Excellence
- Maintain satisfactory audit status and have no business practice violations
- Ensure full compliance with Management and Protection of Information (MPI) guidelines and legal/regulatory requirements
- Meet operating stewardship targets (Opex, Capex, Environmental, Volumes)
- Visible commitment to operations integrity, flawless execution and implementation of OIMS, with particular emphasis on Systems 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 11
- Ensure that corporate systems are implemented on site and that performance is stewarded and improvement plans developed for identified gaps
- Work with and influence Offshore Logistic Team (OLT) and functional managers to ensure consistency and integration across sites of work practices, improvement priorities and other strategies to achieve general interest business results
- Drive improvements in work processes, technology and organization
- Integrate technical expertise, industry knowledge, and business experience in decision making
- Hold self and others accountable for results
- Remove obstacles to enable group success
- Encourage creativity and adaptability to resolve issues
- Prepare for and load crude and vessels
- Prepare and steward marine budgets
- Steward and minimize demurrage payments
- Responsible for vessel loading operations to achieve quality assurance
- Contributes to operational reviews when projects potentially impact marine operations
- Ensures that certification requirements for company owned equipment on the pier is current, e.g., hoses, coupling
- Ensure that corporate systems are implemented in the marine loading area and that performance is stewarded and improvement plans developed for identified gaps
- Manage the process of providing driver and truck access to the TLF
- Manage the process of reconciling TLF orders and TLF loading movements
- Manage the operational interface with the provider of TLF load controller technology
- Identify hardware upgrades for the TLF, develop justification and scopes and present these to the Operations, Maintenance, and Technical team for consideration
- Ensure that operating procedures pertaining to the TLF and metering are appropriate and reviewed at regular periods
- Manage the requirements of the TLF access agreement
- Manage metering verifications & calibrations
- Manage daily allocations
- Input cargo & ship data for cargo & ship loading
- Interface with ship tie up crews
- Input inventory data from product storage
- Contact person for Marine information
- Engineering Standards Management Systems
- Prepare shipping documentation BOL’s Timesheets
- Advise to engineers’ standard committee
- Communicate to employees an actionable organization purpose, priorities, and goals
- Provide leadership and set the tone for a sound, cost-effective controls environment
- Review staffing levels to ensure operational requirements are met
- Ensure personnel, safety and competency based training programs are effective
- Demonstrate sound business judgment in developing and implementing improvement strategies
- Understand the interests of external organizations (customers, contractors, suppliers, business partners, industry associations, governments and the communities in which they operate) and how they impact functional and general interest decision making
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with external parties, including Regulators and Joint Venture Owners
- Develop and manage profitable relationships with customers and business partners consistent with the corporate general interest
- Maintain a close interface with operations personnel and provide a high level of customer service for products delivered via pipeline
- Manage TLF customer relationships to ensure that truck loading operations are maintained and that customer complaints are minimized.
- Responsible for vessel’s stability, list and hull stress (shearing force, bending moments)
- Preparation of loading plan and monitoring of execution
- Preparation of discharging plan and monitoring of execution
- Preparation of internal cargo transfer plan and monitoring of execution
- Preparation of ballasting/de ballasting plan and assist with execution
- Preparation of slop water discharge plan
- Generating report of daily production based on cargo tanks measurement
- Preparing report of cargo mid-monthly, monthly and yearly cargo tanks fiscalization
- Monitoring stock of fresh water and diesel oil
- Preparation of tanks washing plan and assist with execution
- Acts as Marine Supt in his absence
- Acts as Terminal Operator in his absence
- Part of Emergency Response Team – vessel’s damage stability
- Backup for Radio Operator in his incapacitation during Emergency.
- Assist with marine cargo operations.
- Support cargo officer with the management of the hull and export systems in compliance with normal operating practice for tanker hulls.
- Assist with the planning and monitoring of stability and cargo loading and transfer.
- Organizes with production operators the different tasks related to crude oil handling under the supervision the terminal cargo officer and the production superintendent.
- Follow up of slop water discharge and bilge water discharge (filling of oil record books as appropriate)
- Assist production operator with daily soundings as required.
- Maintain relationship with DPR rep on board to ensure that he receives all the cargo information needed.
- Plan and assist with export tanker cargo operations.
- Responsible for quality and quantity for terminal export operations, follow up of laboratory procedures (sampling , analysis in accordance with commercial quality recommendations, water debottoming, salinity BSW and Methanol content)
- Assist with planning for inert gas and gas freeing operation when required.
- Preparation and Inspection for Crude and ballast tanks.
- Monitoring of potable water and Diesel oil quantities on board and supply
- Ensure first line maintenance and inspection is carried out on all cargo equipment
- Set up and update cargo handling procedures and general marine instructions on site as per Company procedures
- Produce and issue of Bills of Lading and other offtake documentation.
- Maintain all required records of offtake operations.
- Assist with the planning and supervision of the inspection checks and first line maintenance of the SBM and associated equipment
- Assist with the planning and supervision of floating hose inspection testing flushing and change out.
- Assist with all facility based marine operations and vessel control
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or any relevant discipline
- Experience in marine industry and operations
- Operations, maintenance or engineering background
- Thorough knowledge of operational, safety and emergency procedures of tanker loading / discharge equipment
- Thorough knowledge of plant process operations
- Good knowledge of crude and gas supply chain operations and timings
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Communications skills to all organizational levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management tools and practices
- As part of being in a controls sensitive position, understand key controls in area of responsibility and ensure that these effectively mitigate financial risk
- Good understanding of customer relations
- Good understanding of product allocations
- Communicate to all shipping 3rd parties
- Results orientation
- Conceptual thinking
- Self confidence
- Courage of conviction
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to deal with pressure
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.