OnePlus got rid of the image of the manufacturer of one flagship a year and began to actively launch new devices. This year, as part of the flagship line, three models were released at once, where the OnePlus 9R stands alone. This is such an upgraded variant of the OnePlus 8T with a focus on the Indian market. At least, this will last until April 15, when this model will debut in China.
What made the company change the sales geography of the OnePlus 9R, we can only guess. Perhaps the expensive OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro are not snapping up as well as we would like, so we have to improve the sales statistics due to a slightly more affordable model.
Before the announcement, the company released a promo poster claiming that the OnePlus 9R is a flagship of quality. It has passed 6 major tests, over 130 reliability tests, and over 320 ultra-tough tests. It also offers 5 links of defense. Speaking of reliability, the company points out that the USB Type-C port can withstand a cycle of connecting/disconnecting USB up to 10,000 times and the three-stage switch will survive 21,000 switches.
OnePlus 9R has also been tested in different temperatures. So, he worked without problems for two weeks at an ambient temperature of 65° C and 95% humidity, and also survived the temperature drop test – from -40 °C to 70 °C.
Recall that the smartphone is armed with a 6.55-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz, a Snapdragon 870 SoC, a 4500 mAh battery with 65 W fast charging and a 48 MP main quad-camera (Sony IMX586) + 16 MP (Sony IMX481 wide) + 5 MP (macro lens) + 2 MP (depth sensor). In China, the OnePlus 9R can sell for about $ 458, while in India it is available for $ 100 more.
OnePlus 9R specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS + EIS, 16MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX481 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera, 2MP monochrome camera, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161×74.1×8.4mm; Weight: 189g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO; Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)