We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Assistant, AfCFTA
Requisition ID: 1174
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Senior Protocol Officer
Directorate/Department: Office of Deputy Secretary General
Division: Protocol Services
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA 5
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide general and administrative protocol services support to the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Follows- up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan;
- Suggests new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research;
- Contributes to conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use;
- Sets the overall research direction of a relevant policy area;
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas;
- Participates in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders;
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
- Drafts reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division;
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
Ceremonies, Conferences and Events:
- Welcomes and presents VIPs/Guests to the AfCFTA Secretary General
- Welcomes and ushers guests during official functions, meetings/conferences
- Prepare conference halls and service meetings/conferences and perform accreditation duties
- Assist delegates and participants of AfCFTA meetings with the modalities of accreditation and seating arrangements
- Ensure nameplates for AfCFTA Members States and organizations are sufficiently available and kept in order
- Follow-up the printing of nameplates, conference badges and invitation cards
- Assists with the preparation of receptions, cocktails, luncheons and dinners organized by the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Undertake Airport duties of welcoming/and seeing-off VIPs and other personalities at the airport, VIP lounge arrangements, etc…
- Receives and assists newly recruited staff members of AfCFTA upon arrival at the airport
- Welcomes and assists delegates upon arrival at the airport.
- Process usage of VIP permits from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for AfCFTA Secretary General and other AU high level personalities
- Assist staff members on medical evacuation at the airport.
- Liase with transport officers with regard to transportation services of VIPs, newly recruited staff members, guests and delegates from/to airport/hotels on arrival at the airport
- Process Applications for visa requests for staff members from both African and Non-African Embassies/High Commission
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A minimum of Diploma in Management or Administration from a recognized educational institute.
- Higher relevant academic qualifications in Public or International Relations/Diplomacy will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience, in clerical or protocol/public relations duties, preferably in an international organization
- Good knowledge and practical use of computer
- Good communication, drafting and reporting skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Core Competencies
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Functional Competencies
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness.
Tenure Of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA 5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.