Sammie Okposo (born May 30, 1971), the CEO of Zamar Entertainment, was a renowned music producer, singer, songwriter, psalmist, and entertainment consultant.
He entered the Nigerian film industry in 1995 as a soundtrack producer before branching into music production. He was recognized for having helped some of the greatest stars in Nigerian music create hits.
A notable performer in sold-out performances in Africa, Europe, America, Nigeria, and, most significantly, The Experience with Pastor Paul Adefarasin of House on The Rock Church, Sammie Okposo was a United Nations Youth Ambassador for World Peace.
- Advertisement -
Sammie Okposo not only revolutionized but also completely altered the perception of gospel music in his native Nigeria by breaking down all barriers to become the first gospel musician to sell millions of copies of his music and the first gospel musician to have his music played everywhere (including nite clubs). As a result, he was highly regarded as a performer and entertainer.
Sammie Okposo‘s music has gained him not just a sizable fan base and favorable reviews but also a number of awards for his songs Unconditional Love, Addicted, and No Drama.
In November 2022, a news broke out that he slumped and died at 51. The real cause of his death is not made known to the public.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Sammie Okposo|
|Born:||30 May 1971 (age 51 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Delta, Nigeria|
|State Of Origin:||Delta State|
|Wife • Spouse:||Ozioma Sammie Okposo (m. 2010)|
|Girlfriend • Partner:||N/A|
|Occupation:||Singer • Businessman|
|Net Worth:||US$1.5 million|
Early Life & Education
In Delta State, Nigeria, on May 30, 1971, Sammie Okposo was born. His father had encouraged him to pursue an accounting career as a child. He was an indigene of Delta State, Nigeria.
However, his interest in music began when he was nine years old when he began playing the piano and experienced the rush that comes from carrying out his duties.
Sammie Okposo was the church pianist by the time he was ten years old. He was thought to be related to Mr. and Mrs. Adefarasin, the senior pastors of House of the Rock Worldwide.
Sammie Okposo is the CEO of Zamar Entertainment, a gospel singer, music producer, psalmist, and entertainment strategist. His producing career began formally in 1992 when he entered the Nigerian film industry as a soundtrack producer before branching out into music production.
He completely rocked the music industry in 2000 when he released his debut album, Unconditional Love, which featured the hit song Welu-Welu, propelling him past local notoriety and onto the world stage.
Sammie Okposo has defied expectations of what is typically possible for gospel performers, performing on stages alongside Donnie McClurkin, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Israel Houghton, Deitrick Haddon, Jonathan Nelson, Micah Stampley, Maxi Priest, Shaggy, Missy Elliott, Benjamin Dube, Judith Sephuma, Sonnie Badu, Uche Agu, Lionel Peterson, Angelique Kidjo, and Koffi Olomide in addition to winning multiple international awards.
Sammie Okposo has performed on important occasions, including the Martin Luther King Jr. and the July 4th holidays.
Sammie Okposo is the CEO of Zamar Entertainment, a renowned music producer, psalmist, and entertainment consultant.
- Unconditional Love
- Lift Me
- Jawa Chineke
- I Go Make Am
- Come And Dance
- Big God
- God Can
- Mighty God
- Because Of You
- Welu Welu
Awards & Achievements
- Crystal Awards, Nigeria, Artiste of the year, 2013
- Album of the year (The Statement) Crystal Awards, Nigeria, 2013
- Real Soccerfest and CAN, Grass root ambassador of the year 2012
- Trailblazer award (African Gospel Music Awards U.K), 2012
- (Pastor Bimbo Odukoya foundation awards, Best male Christian artiste 2012
- Positive impact awards (Inside Out media awards), 2012
- Best music video producer (Nigerian Music Video Awards), 2011
- God zone award for excellence in entertainment (GOD ZONE Awards), 2010
- Best contemporary Gospel Artiste (Nigerian Music Awards), 2008
- Best Gospel Video (Nigerian Music Video Awards), 2008
- Gospel artist of the year (Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York), 2007
- Best Male Gospel Artist in Africa (Kora Awards, South Africa), between 2005/2006
- Amazing Grace Nigeria Movie Awards, Best Sound and Music Score – 2006
- Gospel Artist of the year (Nigeria Music Awards, 2006
- Best Gospel Artiste in English (Afro Hollywood Awards UK), 2006
- Best remix Album (CNA Awards), 2005
- Best Male contemporary gospel Artiste in Nigeria (Amen Awards), 2005
- Best Male Gospel Artiste in Africa Nominee (Kora Awards, South Africa), 2003
- Power of Music and Praise Awards, Gospel Artiste of the year 2002
- Best contemporary gospel Artiste (Power of Music and Praise Awards), 2002
- Best Gospel Artiste Amen Awards, Nigeria, 2001
- Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria), 2000
- Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria), 1999
- Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria), 1999
- Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria), 1997
- Most Promising Male Artiste (Fame Music Awards), 1994
However, for ten years, Sammie Okposo was a Glo Ambassador and a United Nations Peace Ambassador.
Sammie Okposo was married to Ozioma Sammie Okposo, but he admitted to cheating on her and apologized to her.
Based on the information, he had an extramarital affair with an American lady. However, because of his influence as a gospel artist, the situation was calm, yet he still lived with his lovely wife.
This shows how they both love themselves irrespective of their faults.
Sammie Okposo has a beautiful daughter named Alula Okposo.
Some media sources estimate Sammie Okposo‘s net worth to be US$1.5 million.
This can be true because he is one of the gospel artists in Nigeria that has made a wave in Nigeria and the diaspora.
- Instagram: @sammieokposo
- Twitter: @sammieokposo