Job Title: Transportation Logistics Manager
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Employment Type: Temporary contract
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- CAF is looking for a Transportation – Logistics Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team.
- Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Ivory Coast.
- Formulate the logistics staffing requirements and Logistics service levels at all AFCON sites (stadium, training sites, hotels, HQ… etc.)
- Champion the implementation of an integrated venue delivery timeline which serves as the “single source of truth” across all venue operations.
- Establish customs clearance procedures with local authorities and provide clear communication of these procedures to all relevant constituent groups.
- Provide oversight over the implementation of the venue logistics operating plans; develop departmental policies/procedures; and departmental staff orientation/training.
- Produce a suitable project plan which described risks and issue.
- Draft and establish policies and procedures, including communication and escalation protocols, relevant to the movement of teams to/from airport, team sites, training grounds and match locations.
- Manage the receipt, storage, distribution, resupply, and recovery of AFCON assets and equipment at the venues from bump-in/out and tournament time.
- Work with Teams Services representatives to schedule and dispatch team according to transportation requirements.
- Use efficient delivery methods to minimize costs and operational inefficiencies.
- Produce the scope and manage the tender and selection of a suitable logistics services provider.
- Understand and assist in the implementation of detailed Transport Plans in all the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Coordinate transport operations during the event.
- Implement CAF Requirements in the Transport Area for movements of teams, delegates, equipment, etc.
- Liaise with the LOC Travel Agency for the day-to-day requirements in terms of air travel, ground transport, etc.
- Work with Central and State Government Departments for assistance from local traffic police, security, vehicle movements, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Planning or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in event Transport and/or Logistics work experience in a fast moving and complex operational environment.
- Transport operation experience within at least two mega event projects, ideally a world class sport event.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Proven project management skills within a complex project.
- Ability to design, implement and operate a transport system in an event environment.
15th July, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF’s headquarters in Cote d’Ivoire
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.