Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. A seven-storey building under construction, Friday, collapsed in Woji Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, trapping several persons.
Some workers who found their way out of the rubbles have been rushed to the hospital.
2. The Nigerian Army on Friday confirmed the reported killing of some Nigerian soldiers by Boko Haram sect along the Nigeria-Chad border on Sunday.
It, however, decried the misinformation being circulated about the attack noting that that the situation has been brought under control.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has summoned Service Chiefs to an emergency security meeting over the reported killing of some Nigerian soldiers by Boko Haram sect along the Nigeria-Chad border on Sunday.
Report says the urgent meeting was necessitated by the latest security developments across the battle fields in the North East region of the country.
4. Police on Friday ended their siege on the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly. The assembly has now been opened.
5. Members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB, and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, Nnewi Division, Friday, clashed at the popular Nkwo Nnewi Market.
At least, one police officer and one member of the pro Biafran group were killed in the clash.
6. The Federal Government has vowed to deal with companies that fail to observe all public holidays according to the provision of the law of the country.
The Minister of Interior, Lt Gen. (rtd) Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, stated on Friday that the laws establishing public holidays were contained in the Public Holidays Act of 1979 and must be obeyed.
7. Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has stated that the response by the Police to his call for inquiry into how the prime suspect in the Offa robbery attacks on April 5, 2018 died was a mere diversionary tactic which was aimed at evading the serious issues of human rights abuse, extra-judicial killing and politicisation of criminal investigations.
In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Saraki said when he mentioned in his statement on Wednesday that he had been vindicated, he was not referring to the outcome of a case which is just about to commence but rather he was pointing to the belated admission by the Police that Michael Adikwu, the prime suspect, had died in custody, a fact that was initially denied by the Police when he (Senate President) raised it a few months ago.
8. Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to tell Nigerians the kind of support the military is receiving in the fight against terrorism which led to the recent killing of about 44 soldiers by Boko Haram insurgents.
He made the call on Friday in a video posted on his Twitter handle to commiserate with the families of the slain soldiers.
9. The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on Friday expressed sadness over the death of 11 students of University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) in an auto accident on Tuesday.
No fewer 11 students of UNIMAID died in the accident on Nov. 20 on their way to Damaturu from Maiduguri following the ASUU strike.
10. A Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain in Abia state, Sam Ekeledo has picked the ticket of the United Progressives Party, UPP, to contest for the Ikwuano/Umuahia constituency seat in the 2019 National Assembly elections.
Ekeledo, who is a former executive chairman of Umuahia North local government area of the state, defected to UPP in the state with over five thousands of PDP members and supporters.
DISCLAIMER : Lovablevibes.com do not claim ownership of any of the Songs OR News that we upload or post, and any copyright infringement complaints will be executed immediately! It is our policy to honor all take-down requests! If You Feel Your Rights Are Being Infringed Upon,Email Us Lovablevibes@post.com