Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers.
1. The winner of the recent governorship election in Osun State and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gboyega Oyetola was yesterday inaugurated as Governor of the state.
Oyetola officially took over from his predecessor, Rauf Aregbesola, in Osogbo, the state capital, after he was sworn-in by the Chief Judge of the state on Tuesday.
2. The House of Representatives, on Tuesday, began investigation into the 1 billion dollar appropriated for procurement of arms and equipment in the fight against Boko Haram in the North East Nigeria.
The lawmakers also demanded that the Nigerian Army should, after due consultations with families of soldiers killed in the Nov. 18, insurgents’ attack in Metele village in Borno, release all their names.
3. Minister of Transportation, Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, Tuesday debunked insinuations in some quarters that the federal government has jettisoned its earlier plans to include the South East geopolitical zone in the Eastern rail lines captured in foreign loan acquired by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
Appearing before the joint senate committee chaired by Senator Gbenga Ashafa on Tuesday, Amaechi refuted the claims of exclusion of the South East geopolitical zone from the Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Eastern rail line project, noting that the delay in the execution of project was caused by bureaucratic bottleneck in the public procurement Act.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the issuance of operating licences to 213 new public and private broadcasting outfits in the country.
Director-General of National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) Ishaq Modibbo-Kawu, while giving the breakdown, said that the president approved 147 new FM radio licences; 23 DTT Television licences, three new national radio network licences and two national television licences.
5. The Nigerian Army on Tuesday disclosed that its troops have killed a suspected teenage female suicide bomber at Gulak in Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
The army, in a statement on its Twitter handle, said the suicide bomber was killed by the troops while she was trying to infiltrate the Dar community to detonate an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) vest strapped to her body.
6. The Kwara State House of Assembly on Tuesday announced the demise of its pioneer Speaker, Alhaji Shehu Usman.
According to Shuaib Abdulkadir (PDP Patigi) who informed the House of Usman’s death, said the former Speaker died on Monday evening after a brief illness.
7. A former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has said that he was leaving the State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi “to his master, the devil”, since he has refused to act like someone with godly mind.
Fayose said Fayemi has started enjoying the benefits of the mandate the powers that be in Abuja.
8. Five persons were confirmed dead on Tuesday while two others sustained injuries in an accident involving a Subaru car and a Honda bus at Orile Imo area on the Sagamu/Abeokuta expressway.
Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer, Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) in Ogun, who confirmed the incident, noted that the accident was caused by speeding, which made the driver of the Honda bus with registration number EKY 365 FB to lose control.
9. Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has imposed levies on religious bodies, manufacturing, trading and other business organisations in the state.
These levies were imposed as part of efforts by the state government to generate funds in order to assist security agencies in their bid to maintain a crime-free state.
10. Nigeria has scaled over Cameroon to become the first African team to qualify for the final of the 2018 edition of the African Women Championship and the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France.
Captain Onome Ebi, Asisat Oshoala, Rasheedat Ajibade and Ngozi Ebere all converted the opportunities for the Super Falcons with goalie Tochukwu Oluehi saving a penalty after extra time.
DISCLAIMER : Lovablevibes.com do not claim ownership of any of the Songs OR News that we upload or post, and any copyright infringement complaints will be executed immediately! It is our policy to honor all take-down requests! If You Feel Your Rights Are Being Infringed Upon,Email Us Lovablevibes@post.com