The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold, the company’s first and only foldable smartphone has been on the market for some weeks now. At the Chinese annual 618 event, there is usually a plethora of discounts and coupons. Today, Xiaomi officially announced that the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold has a huge promotion on JD.com. You can get a discount of up to 1,400 yuan ($217). The starting price of the 12GB + 256GB model is now 8599 yuan ($1,335). Obviously, this deal will only be active for a limited period.
The Xiaomi MI MIX Fold is the world’s first smartphone to use Xiaomi’s self-developed surging C1 chip. This chip is a professional imaging chip. According to Xiaomi’s official description, C1 can greatly improve the performance of 3A through self-developed algorithms. 3A actually stands for AF autofocus, AWB white balance, and AE auto exposure.
Furthermore, this foldable smartphone is also the world’s first device to use a liquid lens with new bionic technology. This technology mimicks the “human eye lens”. The flowable liquid is wrapped in a film to replace the traditional optical lens. In this way, a single lens can achieve both telephoto and macro functions at the same time.
In the core configuration, the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD has an 8.01-inch large screen. This device also comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor, a battery of 5020 mAh, and supports 67W flash charging.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0